Starting the new term with a new class is always exciting! Get them off to a good start with the tech in your classroom with a few simple activities designed to have them think about what they use tech for, and why! These activities are very easy to set up and might inspire you as well!
- Is everything they read on the internet real? Look at this Dihydrogen Monoxide site – it’s only water, but when will they figure that out? Read about saving the tree octopus here.. Take a look at Victorian Robots here.
- How safe are they online? Ask them to take part in challenges on Think U Know and find out!
- Create a paper computer! An intesting activity for the younger ones, naming computer parts.
- Take part in a collaborative blog challenge.Try the 100 Word Challenge here, or the Nrich Maths challenge here.
- Remind them about last years Hour of Code challenge, before the new one this year!
- Ask them… What do they use computers for? Create a joint class padlet on Padlet.com
- Build a paper cup robot, complete with instructions! Use the excellent lesson plan from csed.com here.
- Join in a #mysteryskype – set up a skype date with an unknown country! Find out more here