#BlappSnapp is a great idea by Julian Wood (@ideasfactory) as a way of sharing great apps,either Android or ioS, for education.
As you know, I rarely push specific apps – but I do get asked for recommendations regularly and have some here.
For my #BlappSnapp I thought I’d examine the use of story telling app My Story World.
The reason why I’m sharing this app is really simple: it seems to fit a ‘gap’ that teachers ask for. Stories that can be explored and ask simple inference questions as they go and then a creative activity!
How can it be used?
- It can be used whole class or with groups – great for a guided reading activity.
- It fits in really well with KS1 literacy- story telling, planning, sequencing and so on.
- Encourage the children to plan their story first, playing with characters and dialogue.
- Creating an account to access all the stories is great value, and they have a great choice of recogniseable stories with beautiful illustrations!
Of course there are always some improvements that could be made:
- It would be great to be able to export the made story to the camera roll.
- The ‘Make a Story’ section is only available once you finish the story, meaning that you need to show the children how to fast forward through the story.
- As usual it works best if the children know which iPad they are working on… So do number the iPads.
Thanks for reading the #blappsnapp – see others here!